Thursday, December 20, 2007

Baby's first steps to school

Flashback: September 2004.
I had to get back to work when my daughter was just 5 months. I was lucky to find a good maid & mum-in-law was quite supportive in taking care of my daughter.
April 2004: She turned one and we(husband & I) decided to put her in a playhome. Luckily we found a good play school just next lane—Kids Paradise, should be called Mothers paradise hehehe This place ensured that I had peace of mind always when it came to my daughters safety. My daughters first school taught her all the English nursery rhymes, numbers from 1-30 and alphabets. Second year in Kids paradise made her hold the pencil to write the alphabets & numbers (I never forced her to write, felt it was too early). She was admired for the willpower she had..imagine at that age!! Hey I forgot to mention…she was also admired for her shuddh Kannada

January 2007: We decided we had to put her in a proper school where she would start speaking English. So did some research on which are the good CBSE schools nearby..and decided to put her Freedom Internationl School. There was an interview session for her and us. We had a nice long talk with the Principal on what she planned to do for the school and what activities had been planned for the school children. Admission was a breeze for my daughter.




June 4, 2007: Her first day at school. My cutie pie was dressed in uniform. All set to leave home at 8.15A.M. Husband & I took a day off from office and watched our daughter trying to get used to new people, new teachers and new school. All the fathers managed to escape from the class. Mothers were stuck in the classroom with their children for 3 whole days. For some children concept of school itself was new, so we had boohooohoos happening all the time. For my daughter and the likes, seeing others cry was enough to make them cry.


By 3rd day of school the parents were asked to drop the children in the class and leave. So the next two days were spent outside the classroom in the waiting area for the classes to finish. I managed to make some new friends. Each of the mothers had a story to share…so it was fun for a change. Away from office talks.Now its six months into this school and my daughter has beeesssst friend for herself. She goes to school by her School bus- without complaining AND She’s managed to grab two prizes, one for Hindi recitation and one for kannada recitation. She received her prizes on Annual day which was attended by both her grannies, grandpa, chacha & chachi and her great grandmother. It was a proud moment for all of us. Don’t think my daughter understands how lucky she was to have her great grandmother there, but I know…sometime in life she would.Tomorrow onwards she has her Christmas vacation till the 1st of Jan 2008. I am planning to spend the time with her…which means…am on long leave too..yipeee

great grandmothers visit to the class.
daughters first performance on stage

1 comment:

RustyNeurons said...

:) great going for the naughty one!
Have a great time with the family... me too will be off sometime during new year's eve :)